International internship for “RumahIVAA” services. Duration: 2 weeks to 3 months. The program provides direct experience for international students to understand how IVAA Library is operated as well as involvement in organizing forums both in the reading and community space. In 2016, IVAA aims to revitalize its reference provision through the “KawanIVAA” program. Interns will follow a general guideline from the previous program and be requested to conduct their proposed activities that are both engaging the community and enriching their own experience. Written reports are due three months after each internship period ends.
International internship for Archive Transliteration. Duration: 1 month to 6 months. The program allows interns to be immersed in selected subjects based on materials available in IVAA. Interns are expected to be able to read in bahasa Indonesia or arrange their own course to be able to do so before joining the program. Interns will also be a crucial part of IVAA electronic publication on their chosen subject by the end of the program.
International internship for Digitalization and Database. Duration: 6 months to 1 year. The program provides direct experience to work with IVAA archivists in conducting documents conversion, database operations and participate in IVAA online interface development. Interns are expected to have minimum experience with electronic documents, database comprehension and exposed to discourse regarding online media and the Internet.
International internship for Audio Visual Archives. Duration: 6 months to 1 year. The program allows intern to experiment with born-digital audio visual recordings preserved by IVAA. Prior to the program, interns are encouraged to conduct observations within art communities in Indonesia with or without personnel/equipment support from IVAA. Interns are expected to produce at least 1 title of audio visual presentation to be disseminated throughout IVAA online platform.
– Application consist of: (1) Curriculum Vitae enlisting personal data/contact, education background and relevant experience (2) Motivation letter for a chosen program, personal conditions related to living in Yogyakarta during the program and how the program can benefit both IVAA and the applicant (3) Optional – personal documentation of experience similar to chosen program
– Application sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
– Application requirement no.3 (optional) is to be sent as electronic files (JPEG, MP3, MP4) via file storage such as dropbox/google drive or a link for preview in existing website. Please note that Indonesia Internet providers have been blocking Vimeo and Daily Motion, so video links should be provided in YouTube while images are best previewed in Flickr.
– IVAA does not charge for offered programs. However, interns must organize their own funding structure in terms of transport, accommodation and per diem. In certain conditions, IVAA willingly support each individual regarding administrative needs such as: (1) Formal invitation letter for Visa and Funding Applications
(2) Informal introduction to colleagues of IVAA (3) Final report for grading necessities
– Interns are allowed to participate in activities within the art community in Yogyakarta during their internship period with flexible arrangement
– Interns are automatically registered as KawanIVAA membership services program
– Applicants are encouraged to assess their possibility and discuss with IVAA via email@example.com prior to sending their application